CBD Carrot Salad
with Mustard Seeds
Quick, Easy & Vegan
This recipe is easy to customize, fun to make and a tasty way to use your CBD oil!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 5 to 6 medium carrots (grated)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (the more the merrier)
- 1 tablespoon whole black or brown mustard seeds (not yellow)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- CBD oil – your regular dosage per serving
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs – Basil or mint or cilantro or dill
- Chives or Green onions, thinly sliced
- Red sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- Sliced or crushed almonds
- If you’re not vegan add some feta cheese
- Peel your carrots and grate them coarsely (a cheese grater works or the grating attachment on your food processor). Place the grated carrots into a medium-sized bowl, and stir in the salt.
- Here’s the fun part… Heat a small frying pan to medium heat. When the pan is heated, add the olive oil (don’t add CBD oil until later). Add the mustard seeds after your oil has heated and COVER. Very soon you’ll start to hear the seeds pop like tiny popcorns. Once they are done popping (usually under a minute or less… don’t burn these or your salad will taste like burned popcorn) pour the seeds and oil into the bowl with your shredded carrots. Add the lemon juice and your optional cayenne pepper and CBD oil and mix everything together. Do a taste test at this point and add more lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, or CBD oil if needed.
- Now you can either refrigerate the salad or leave it at room temperature if you plan to serve it within the next few hours or eat it right away. When you’re ready to serve, garnish with one or all of the items listed above… You can really go nuts and get creative with the garnishes. Don’t let our suggestions hold you back!