The dressing for this salad is super simple, but highly effective as a health supplement, as it contains honey, ginger, lemon, garlic and oil…and then this is where the CBD oil comes in.
Simply add a couple of eye droppers of your CBD oil to this dressing before mixing and eat with a clear mind, knowing that you are getting all of the amazing benefits of CBD. This dressing is great for those suffering from chronic pain, anxiety, depression and general inflammation.
You can prepare the salad and dressing separately ahead of time, so this makes a great dish for a CBD friendly potluck or party!
Lemon Ginger Dressing (Makes 1 ½ cups)
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 TB raw honey
- 2 ml CBD oil, or adjust to fit your dosage levels
- (Can substitute the honey for a sweetener of your choice for a vegan dish.)
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (green purple or both)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 small beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 TB raisins
To prepare the dressing, use an immersion blender to combine all ingredients until smooth, adding more ginger to taste if needed.
To prepare the salad, toss together the cabbage, carrots, raisins and avocado.
Top the salad with 3 to 4 TB of the lemon ginger dressing and let it marinade for
5 – 10 minutes. Toss again before serving.
** Any leftover dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.